Close Menu
The Industry Highlighter MagazineThe Industry Highlighter Magazine
    Trending
    • Congressman Randy Fine Getting Hateful Antisemitic Death Threat Voicemails
    • Arab Strap Launch New Album Half-Told Tales With Acerbic Single “You You You”
    • Siddharth Randeria Returns With Family Drama Jindagi Once More
    • Twilight Princess Finally Lands On Switch
    • JP Morgan Chase Exec Accused of Sexually Harassing Banker Files Defamation Suit
    • When I Persisted, She Terminated Our Conversation
    • Exclusive – Chitrangada Satarupa: “If I Have To Carry Someone’s Name, It Has To Be My Mother’s…”
    • Welcome To Derry Seasons 2 & 3’s Most Important Story Change From Season 1 Teased By Andy & Barbara Muschietti
    The Industry Highlighter Magazine
    • Home
    • Travel/Adventure
    • Entertainment
    • Fashion
    • Film/Tv
    • Food
    • Money Business
    • Music
    The Industry Highlighter Magazine
    You are at:Home»Music»Judge Overturns Conviction in Murder of Jam Master Jay
    Music

    Judge Overturns Conviction in Murder of Jam Master Jay

    Team_The Industry Highlighter Magazine By Team_The Industry Highlighter MagazineDecember 21, 2025No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Share
    Facebook Copy Link LinkedIn Email Threads


    A federal judge has overturned the conviction of one of two men found guilty in the murder of Jason Mizell, aka Jam Master Jay, reports Billboard. Judge LaShann DeArcy Hall granted the motion for acquittal of Karl Jordan Jr., who was found guilty in 2024 of killing Mizell, his godfather and the D.J. for legendary rap group Run D.M.C., over a drug-related conspiracy. Ronald Washington, who was also found guilty in the killing, was denied a motion for acquittal.

    In her 29-page ruling, Judge Hall said the government lacked proof that the crime had been drug-related. “Jordan has met the heavy burden to be granted a judgment of acquittal,” she wrote.

    Mizell was in his studio in Queens, on Oct. 30, 2002, when a gunman shot him in the head. Despite witnesses present, the case sat cold for nearly two decades; murder charges were eventually filed against Jordan Jr. and Washington in 2020. In 2023, federal prosecutors charged a third man, Jay Bryant, with taking part in the killing. Bryant has pleaded not guilty and will stand trial in January 2026.

    In a statement to Pitchfork, Jordan’s attorney’s wrote, “On behalf of Mr. Jordan and his family, today’s decision brings a measure of solace as they approach the holiday season.” A spokesperson for the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Eastern District of New York said the decision is currently being reviewed. Attorneys for Washington did not immediately respond to a request for comment.



    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Team_The Industry Highlighter Magazine
    • Website

    Related Posts

    Arab Strap Launch New Album Half-Told Tales With Acerbic Single “You You You”

    May 20, 2026

    When I Persisted, She Terminated Our Conversation

    May 20, 2026

    Xiu Xiu Made an Album Based on David Lynch’s Eraserhead

    May 20, 2026

    Comments are closed.

    Categories
    • Celebrities
    • COCO'S GOSPEL
    • Entertainment
    • Fashion
    • Film/Tv
    • FILM/TV
    • Food
    • Health and Wellness
    • Money Business
    • Music
    • NEW RELEASES
    • RALEIGH/DURHAM NEWS
    • Travel/Adventure
    • Uncategorized
    • WORLD NEWS
    Copyright © 2024 Industryhighlighter.com All Rights Reserved.
    • Privacy Policy
    • Disclaimer
    • Terms and Conditions
    • About IHM
    • Advertise With Us!
    • Contact us

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.